After a winter like we have had, many of us are looking forward to Spring. But when will it get here? While I am not into predicting the weather I am sure spring will get here sooner or later.
There is still a lot of snow on the ground and maybe even more to come. Which can present issues as it begins to warm up and things start to thaw.
In this area the spring weather can be unpredictable. Spring storms can bring rain, sleet, snow, and wind, which can cause damage to homes or businesses. As we begin to think about spring cleaning, we should remember to protect ourselves, our families, and our property from dangerous weather.
During the springtime many of us will begin the clean up process from the long winter. There is a lot to do both inside and outside our homes and properties.
Here are a few areas to consider as you plan spring cleaning:
- Clean gutters and downspouts
- Check your roof for any damage
- Remove debris from your yard and area surrounding home
- Clean or replace furnace filter
- Check around your basement and attic for unwanted visitors. We are not the only ones who like warmth in the winter
- Check emergency equipment such as fire extinguishers and smoke detectors
- Check electrical outlets to make sure there are no fire hazards
- Check your hot water heater to make sure there is no corrosion
- Check your clothes dryer vent inside and out to make sure nothing is blocking it.
- Check siding for breaks or cracks from wind damage.