What a weird winter we have had, many of us look forward to the spring. The grass turns green, the trees bud and the birds begin to sing. March tends to be an uncertain month, we can still see snow but we can also see very warm days.
Spring storms can bring rain, sleet, wind, and snow, which can cause damage to homes and businesses. As we begin to think about spring cleaning, we should remember to protect ourselves, our families and our property from dangerous weather.
Durning the springtime many of us will begin the clean up process, we like to be outside as the sun is shining. There is a lot to do both inside and outside our homes and properties. In this post there a few tips and ideas on where to start.
Here are a few areas to consider as you plan spring cleaning:
- Clean gutters and downspouts
- Check your roof for any damage
- Remove debris from your yard and the area surrounding your home
- Check around your basement and attic for unwanted visitors. We are not the only ones who like warmth in the winter.
- Check emergency equipment such as fire extinguishers and smoke detectors.
Whether inside or outside there are a lot of things to do once the snow melts.
- Check electrical outlets to make sure there are no fire hazards
- Check your hot water heater to make sure there is no corrosion
- Check your clothes dryer vent inside and out to make sure nothing is blocking it. (pesky squirrels)
- Check siding for damage
- Check your yard for left over debris from winter storms.